Javascript not working

Andreas König March 5, 2013

I tried the Javascript functionality by using your example in the documentation and it doesnt work for me.

Are there any known bugs?

J

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Xpand IT Support Team
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Andreas,

There is no known bug with javascript functionalities. Lots of people are using it :)

Certify yourself that you do no have line breaks within the javascript code.

I am attaching a file with a working template.

Best Regards

0 votes
Andreas König March 13, 2013

The line breaks were in fact the problem.

I have another problem though with Custom Fields: How do I escape a space in a FieldName.

e.g. If I use a Field ${Ticket Nr} in a js expression, it is not rendering the code correctly, but breaking after the space.

The original problem is solved though!

Thank you!

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Ensure that you included the libraries

Example: <%@ page import="java.util.Date" language="java" %>

Are we talking about the same? In the documentation for the plugin xporter it is not mentioned that you can use Java code. They state only, that JavaScript is possible.

0 votes

in the atlassian-jira log I don't get a logging for log level DEBUG. I don't see a specific log for the plugin.

The output on the generated document is the non-processed command.

0 votes
I tried the first example in the documentation:
%{(new Date()).getDate() + "/" + ((new Date()).getMonth()+1) + "/"
+ (new Date()).getFullYear()}
I use a docx as a template!
0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

What is the message in your log?

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

Can you give more information about your problem? Some sample code which is not working?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events