JQL for last commenter

Rene Rath May 14, 2014

Hi there,

Is there any way I can find out, which tickets are currently assigned to the last commenter?

Motivation / Assumption: if someone makes a comment, it is probably a question. And in order to be answered quickly, the ticket should better be reassigned to someone who shall answer the question. I would like to review the tickets, which are assigned to the person who last commented.

I've got ScriptRunner installed, but couldn't make up anything with the methods it provides.

Thanks + Cheers - rene

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2014

This is not really an answer, but an alternative approach - automate instead of report.

You'll find a "last commenter" plugin helpful for your reporting, but JQL doesn't really have a way to say "and last commenter == assignee"

I use a slightly different approach:

• Design the workflow so that it has explicit transitions for things like "user is not happy with resolution" or "user has more questions"
  • Add a custom user field like "resolver"
  • On the "resolve" type transition, copy the current user into "resolver" with a post function
  • On the reopen/question functions, copy "resolver" into "assignee"
  • Users will often comment instead of using these transitions, so, add the Jira Toolkit's "auto transition listener" and set it up to use the reopen/question when there's a comment (that's actually what it was written for!)

There's variations on that - a far more simple approach than "resolver" is to use the function "assign to last developer" (Jira misc workflow extensions plugin I think), or be a bit more clever and write a script-runner post-function that can implement your "new assignee should be" logic.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

By JQL it is not possible out of the box. You can use a plugin like "Essential Custom Fields for JIRA" which has a custom field for last commenter ( https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.primefieldsoftware.jira.essentialcustomfields )

This field is also searchable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events