JQL error: "A value provided by the function 'hasTestCoverage' is invalid for the field 'issue'."

Michael Van Orman March 14, 2017

Several of the JQL methods seem to indicate they are invalid for the 'issue' field. For example:

project = cdev and issue in hasTestCoverage()

project = cdev and issue in coveredByTestCasesHavingField("status", "Draft")

project = cdev and issue in hasTestResult()

project = cdev and issue in hasAllLastTestResults("Pass") <-- works with "Fail"

project = cdev and issue in hasAnyLastTestResults("Pass") <-- works with "Fail"

I've been able to use some, but the above all give me the "invalid for ... 'issue'" error.

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Van Orman March 15, 2017

We are using JIRA server 6.3.4 with a trial license of Kanoah version 3.2.0.

jira_issue_error.png

pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Awesome, thank you.

I'll try to reproduce here and keep you posted soon about the results.

Cheers,

Vitor

pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Hi Michael,

I've setup an environment here using your JIRA/Kanoah Tests versions but I couldn't reproduce the issue.

Could you please check your server log (<jira-install-dir>/log/catalina.out)? Maybe we can find something useful there displaying exactly what is the error.

Also, which Java version are you using?

If you prefer, you can send me the logs through our support site or by email (vitor.pelizza@kanoah.com).

Thanks,

Vitor

Michael Van Orman March 16, 2017

I don't see much related to Kanoah. There are a few REST API errors that I think correspond to our experimenting with the API but aren't actual plugin errors. And I also see this line twice – once yesterday, once today:

2017-03-16 10:23:23,590 http-bio-8080-exec-6 ERROR mvanorma 623x62041x1 1t3n5ib 10.52.6.115,10.1.1.27 /issues/ [jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedJqlFunction] Fatal error in scripted JQL functions - try disabling and re-enabling the Script Runner plugin

pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2017

Hmm... curious.

How about your Java version, is it Java 7 or 8?

Michael Van Orman March 17, 2017

Sorry, we're using Java 1.8.0_11

pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2017

Hi Michael,

I'm still trying to reproduce this error without success. I've tried with PostgreSQL and MySql databases, Java 8 and JIRA 6.3.4.

What is your database type?

And, is it possible to disable some other add-ons and try again? Maybe it is a conflict issue.

Cheers,

Vitor

0 votes
pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2017

Hi Michael,

I tried to reproduce this issue here on my environment with no success. For example, the first query using hasTestCoverage() works for me. I'll help you to troubleshoot this problem. smile

What JIRA and Kanoah Tests version are you using? Could you please post a screenshot of your error message?

Cheers,

Vitor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events