JQL Tricks plugin generates lots of index threads, consuming abnormal size of memory

Simon Gao March 19, 2014

Hi,

We recently upgraded to Jira 6.1.5 and also to the latest JQL Tricks plugin (5.3). Our Jira server keeps hanging once a day. Examing threads dump, GC log finds that JQL Trick plugin generated lots of index threads, which is a major factor leading to our Jira problem.

Is there any suggestion on how to address this problem other than disabling/removing JQL Tricks plugin?

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

I wish I could do something with this as the plugin developer, instead of replacing issue functions with something else. This problem is generated by JIRA code and is outside the scope of the plugin module.

I have already reported this with Atlassian at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36368and they have acknowledged it. But I haven't got any feedback on when it will be fixed. Maybe if more users share the same feeling on the ticket, they might fast track the issue.

I am sure the fix will help a few more plugins out there and a huge number of customers who have written custom JQL functions.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Please make sure you vote for the issue as well even if you do not add a comment.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2014

Is there a version of Jira where you do not see or feel this issue? I have a potential customer that wants to downgrade, but I am not sure to what version of Jira to downgrade to? They are on Jira 6.1.7. They believe they can live without the Jira's improvements over not using your plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events