JQL Search in Script Runner - Return Custom Field Value

Derrick Ellis May 6, 2014

I have to automatically get the value of a custom field from one issue put into a scripted field of another issue. I am not doing the search, results and return correctly but don't know where to go for more information.

Issue Type A:

- is the issue type that I'm adding a scripted field to

- has a field called "My Store ID"

- has a scripted field that will contain a working version of the code listed here

Issue Type B:

- is the issue type that I need to search

- has a field called "Store ID" (this is the field in the issue that I need to compare to the value of the other issue's "My Store ID" field)

Other notes:

- The "~" works with an advanced issue search with the "Store ID" field.

- The issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch() query works as an advanced filter and returns the proper result if I substitute "abc123" with an actual "Store ID" value.

Here is what I am trying (unsuccessfully) to do:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;

def field = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("My Store ID");

def abc123 = issue.getCustomFieldValue(field);

def searchResults = issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch('project = "PROJ" AND issueType = "STORE SUMMARY" AND "Store ID" is not Empty', "Store ID", abc123)

def resultsfield = searchResults.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Store Name");

return resultsfield.toString();

2 answers

0 votes
jcampos jcampos July 15, 2014

How run a simple query and return the result value? Example:

SELECT project.pname from project WHERE project.id='10600'

This code return one value. Test un database client....

Help please...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

> def searchResults = issueFunction in issueFieldExactMatch('project = "PROJ" AND issueType = "STORE SUMMARY" AND "Store ID" is not Empty', "Store ID", abc123)

is wrong. You need to get a JqlQueryParser, get a query, and run the query with a SearchService or somesuch. There are examples for this.

Sound like possibly not the most efficient way of doing what you're trying to do, which I admit I didn't totally understand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events