JQL Search for group approvals

Stefan de Pagter November 10, 2015

Hello Antonella,

Currently we are testing the Herzum plugin in our JIRA testsystem.

We are making use of Group approvals. The issue I have now is that we cannot JQL issues pending for group approvals.

Example.

• "CAB" Status has two Approval group approvals
    • RFC-BIZ-Approver1
    • RFC-BIZ-Approver2 (already approved)

I want to know for what group the approval is pending, but I am unable to find this. I tried:

Project = RFC AND Status = "CAB" AND issue in pendingForApproval("RFC-Approver1).

This kind of JQL is absolutely required so hopefully you can help us!

If I try Project = RFC AND Status = "CAB" AND issue in pendingForApproval() it returns all tickets where approval is required but this is not helpful for multiple approvers where some approvers already approved.

Many thanks,

Stefan

5 answers

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter November 16, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Ok sounds good.

Most important for now to make my first request work, so the below query returns issues:

pendingForApproval("Approver Group Name").

If we are going live with your tool, we are going live with +/- 100 products with all different kind of approval groups, so we need to build dashboard with filters to see what approval tasks are pending for the specific group.

Many thanks.

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2015

We cannot satisfy your last request via a JQL post function because the JIRA searcher cannot return Approval Field.

In order to cover this information gap we plan to provide Herzum Approval Gadgets

We will collect customers’ suggestions/requests in order to design the most useful Gadgets.

Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter November 16, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Sorry for all my questions. Another nice feature would be to search on Tickets and who approved it.

JQL; Search for all Changes in a period that are implemented and show me the approver groups and approvers that approved...

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter November 13, 2015

Hi Antonella, ah that is good news.

Will it also be possible to search for Herzum fields in the JQL? For example:

Project = RFC AND Status = "CAB" AND Approver in ("RFC-Approver1) or even (""). 

I can imagine people are interested in this.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

Hi Stefan,
the feature you have required has been included in our next sprint (start date: 18 November 2015, planned end date: 2 December 2015).

Do not hesitate to contact me for any further suggestion or question.

Best Regards,
Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events