JMWE-Server|Create Issue post function works on one transition and doesn't work on another

Julia_Ballos_Shefi June 26, 2017

I added a post function for creating new issue and it didnt work no matter what I tried. I tried to add it to another transition and there it is working.

None of the transitions is Create transition.

1. what could cause this behavior?

2. where I can find the logs?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

Hi Julia,

You stated you're adding a post function to create a new issue from JWME.  I did not see that post function when I downloaded the add-on.  You may also want to refer to the Post-function on Create Issue transition appears to not work knowledge base article for furthre clues.

In regards to the logs, there should be output as to what errors are being thrown in the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out log or the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log.

Cheers,

Branden

Julia_Ballos_Shefi June 26, 2017

It's a JMWE addon - JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions.

Create issue post function is dicumented here (although it's a documention for cloud version, it seems that their server documentation is not updated)

I already saw the article you suggested, thats why I said that it's not a Create Issue transition....

There is nothing in those logs.

There is something about the troubleshooting page in the documentation, but I don't see this page. Maybe it's only relevant for cloud version?...  

Thanks,

Julia 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Julia,

the Server version of JMWE currently available does not offer a Create Issue post-function, so if you are seeing one on the list of post-functions, it's coming from another add-on.

JMWE 5, which does provide a Create Issue post-function, should be released within 2 weeks.

Cheers,

David.

Jerry Ryan Ishmael September 14, 2017

Hi @David [Innovalog]

I'm currently using cloud and trying to get the
'Create issue (JMWE add-on) Function for this transition'
to work for my projects but it does not appear to fire any transition.
Is this currently working?
Does it work in Service Desk workflows?

Cheers,
Jerry

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2017

Hi Jerry,

yes, it does work on SD workflows.

Please open a support request at https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10 so we can look into it.

Cheers,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events