JIRA4TFS synchronizer requires VS Team Explorer 2010

Jane Helman March 18, 2013

I am trying to install JIRA with the JIRA4TFS synchronizer plugin, however it wants me to install VS Team Explorer 2010. Is there a reason it won't pick up my VS 2012? I am connecting to a TFS 2012 server.

3 answers

1 vote
Paweł Murawski March 3, 2014

Current version of TFS4JIRA requires VS Team Explorer 2012. Team Explorer libraries are independent from your Visual Studio or TFS version - it just has libraries needed by our plugin that we can't distribute ourselves due to legal reasons.

0 votes
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

It's only a guess but it might be related to on which user account is it running if it's not the same as your user, but it's a blind shot.

Also could be worth looking at our competitive solution UseTFS (disclaimer: I work for Pigsty, vendor of UseTFS)

0 votes
Laszlo Kremer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

I have the same question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events