JIRA comment character limit vs. JEMH configuration

Mischa Beyer September 11, 2017

Dear community,

I'm actually setting up the JEMH for JIRA in our company, but I have a problem with one configuration part of it: "Loop detection > Issue comment limit". If I change this value to 100, I cannot save due to a problem with the following field "Issue description/comment max characters". The value is set to "0" (unlimited), which is the same configuration as in the advanced settings in JIRAs global configuration (jira.text.field.character.limit=0).

I get following error statement in the JEMH configuration:

issueCommentMaxChars: The issue comment character limit (0) must be greater than 0 and less than the system default [jira.text.field.character.limit=0]

Hah? That looks a little bit strange...

4 answers

0 votes
Mischa Beyer September 28, 2017

Dear all,

thank you for your support. I changed the value of the system defaults to 32767 chars due to the fact that we use an add-on for Excel exports also, which is supporting not more than 32676 chars as well. So after changing the value, saving was not a problem any more.

Nevertheless I'm going to update the JIRA.

Mischa

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hi Mischa,

Please upgrade to the latest version compatible for your JIRA (at this time for 7.3 this is currently 2.1.26).

Mike

0 votes
Deleted user September 28, 2017

Hi All,

Andrew has linked to the correct bug ticket relating to the behaviour you describe. The linked bug was resolved in JEMH 2.1.14 and above (compatible with Jira 7.3 onward).

Please make sure you are running the most recent version of JEMH available to you, if you are experiencing this bug on a version of Jira pre 7.3 we may be able to backport a fix for the bug into the JEMH branches for other Jira versions.

Please reach out to our customer support for further questions: The Plugin People - Jira

Kind Regards,

Reece

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

What version of JIRA are you using? 

What version of the JEMH plugin are you using?  

I ask because there was a documented bug on this in regards to that plugin in https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-5675

But this appears to have been fixed in the 2.1.14 release of that plugin.    So if you're using a JIRA 7.3.x or higher, you should be able to simply make sure your plugin version is 2.1.14 or higher to resolve this.  But if you're using JIRA 7.2.x or before, you will probably need to upgrade JIRA first before you can install an updated plugin to address this error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events