There are a few things I am trying to do here:
* Set default estimates by role based on a custom field value. I can do this with the set/get estimate REST API. I would ideally like to do this in the workflow or script runner though. In script runner, I was unable to figure how to update the estimates by role. The was no class to add for the object type that needed to be updated.
* If we have developer role that is not assigned to an issue and the user in that role changes to status to indicate development has started, that user should be set as the developer. I need a workflow item to assign a user to a role based on other conditions. If there were REST API options to set/get assignee by role, I could at least get this functional.
* Some users can be a developer role or tester role on issues. I need workflow item to prevent a transition if the 2 specific roles have the same assignee.
1) We don't have any functionality that could connect things with script runner. We can still add a post function to the workflow, which can help you with this. If you can elaborate, how exactly you need this to be, we will put it under development.
2) For assigning a user to a role automatically on transitions, we have a post function which can help you with it. (Please see the screenshot).
3) To prevent transition in such cases, we can look into adding a condition item for workflow, that can help you with tis.
I saw those post functions, but they are not exactly what I need.
#1 - Here is what I would need. Based on the value of a configurable custom field or standard field, assign an estimate to each role.
I have custom field Feature. If the value is Feature A, I want to assign role Developer 2 hours and role Tester 1 hour. If the value is Feature B, I want to assign role Developer .5 hours and role Tester 3 hours.
#2 - I am not talking about changing the standard Assignee field, although I will still use that post function. I am talking about setting the Assignee by Role for a specific role.
If I have 3 roles Developer, Tester, Reviewer. Tester and Reviewer have been assigned, but Developer has not. When a user moves the issue from Not Started to Coding, the current user should be assigned to the Developer role. This needs to be configurable to assign to which role is needed for the transition. The purpose of this is to ensure each role is filled out when the issue is complete, without explicitly needing to set the role manually.
#3 - I use JIRA Workflow Toolbox for a lot of custom checks. I was hoping to be able to get a little bit of that functionality. Just simple work flow validator to compare 2 roles either to each other or specific values should be all I need.
I greatly appreciate the response!
Atlas Camp is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain from the 6th -7th of September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG