JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets Time Sheet Plugin shows unregistered in gadget in spite of registered version

Hi,

we bought the timesheet plugin, the plugin page says it's installed and registered proper. The timehseet gadget shows an UNREGISTERED warning and when you click on it you will see this message:

Sorry, but we cannot find the required licensing support to execute the requested operation. Please ensure that the Plugin License Storage plugin is installed and enabled. Restarting this plugin should resolve the problem.

I like to know what's the problem with this plugin?

Best regards,

Enrico

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Andriy,

I installed UPM v2.8.1 manually successfull (used an old version before) but this doesn't fix the UNREGISTERED issue. If I click on the UNREGISTERED link I see this message

"Sorry, but we cannot find the required licensing support to execute the requested operation. Please ensure that the Plugin License Storage plugin is installed and enabled. Restarting this plugin should resolve the problem."

Any other ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,
Enrico

Let's try it other way, what JIRA and plugin version do you use?

I'm using JIRA v5.0.7 with Timesheet plugin v2.3.11.

Andriy,

we ran a JIRA v5.1 in parallel to evaluate a newer version. I just checked if it works there and it does! No UNREGISTERED message in the gadget. Don't know when we will switch to that newer version .. I'm willing to test any new idea in the JIRA v5.0.7 release, but it's no critical issue for us.

Enrico

Well, I've just tried with standalone JIRA 5.0.7 and plugin jar from marketplace, and entered license right after installation, and don't see the problem, i.e. license worked. Sorry, really don't have any ideas anymore.

Thanks! We use WAR distribution, but I don't think this is causing the problem. v5.1 is WAR as well. By the way, our licence also works, in the Timehseet plugin description I see a full working licence. Don't know why this UNREGISTERED warning appears in the gadget and reports.

Do you propose to address this issue to the atlassian support?

Because there is separate code to verify license, delegating to atlassian api, and this delegation is broken, weird. Looks like plugins loading problem.

No, actully, this will be pushed back to me anyway :) Hopefully Ahmad or some elese from Atlassian will notice this thread and come with any hint.

Hi Enrico,

Have you tried to restart plugin (disable and enable again) or reinstall it completely (uninstall and install again)?

Note, all you data will be kept.

Thank you.

Hi Andriy,

I uninstalle and installed again .. the UNREGISTERED warning still appears in the gadget. Do you have any idea?

Best reagrds,

Enrico

1 vote
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2013

Hey there, Enrico.

I would suggest you clear off the plugin cache alongside the steps that Andriy had suggested earlier on.

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  3. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  5. Restart JIRA instance

See how it goes for you. Hope it helps!

Warm regards,

Danial

Hi Daniel.

I ran this today, but it didn't solve the problem .. after restart the UNREGISTERED warning still appears in the timesheet gadget.

If anybody else has an idea how I could fix this, please let me know.

Cheers,

Enrico

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

851 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you