JIRA Suite Utilities - Transitions data

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Is it possible to access the transition data displayed in Jira Suite utilities transition tab?

I would like to know for instance the mean time spent in a status for a given project and issue type. JSU has this info but per issue basis.

3 answers

0 votes
Nuwan May 11, 2015

I think this plugin will help you to get what you need. its partially same as Suite Utility plugin but this plugin can export the data into Excel sheets.. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.betterexcel

0 votes
Ed Schriger April 29, 2013

We are looking for this type of analytics as well.

Aggregate time in status and average time in status by issue type, etc.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

Yes and no.

There is not really any data in the tab. What it is doing is reading the history of the issue and displaying it in a specific way. That's the same concept as the history tab - it's reading data from the issue and displaying it in a different way to the transitions tab.

If you want to "access" that data, you need to find or write something that will read the history of an issue, or a batch of issues and display it where you need it, in the shape you want to see it in. Of course, you can "borrow" a lot of the code from the JSU code base...

Chris Kleinhen April 26, 2013

Nic, I can see from your answer here as well as other answers of yours (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/120697/jira-suite-utilities-issue-transitions-tab-reading-data-into-array) that you are quite savvy with JSU. Are you familiar with any JIRA plug-in that can already aggregate time spent in each status for a given project (across all issues)? If at all possible, I would like to avoid having to borrow the JSU code base and recreate a wheel that has potentially already been created. I figured if anyone would know of an existing, it would probably be you.

Cheers,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events