JIRA Suite Utilities :Not able to use %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% to update a cutom Field

Alexandre Vivien September 18, 2013

Hello,

I need to update a custom field with the current date time on a workflow transition. For that I use, the plugin JIRA Suite Utilities.
I use the 'Update Issue Custom Field' post function. The custom Field is of type Date picker. On the custom field value, I use the following macros: %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% .
It doesn't work. At the transition, I have an error message (See attached screenshot).

If I use a custom field of type text field, then the field is update with the string :%%CURRENT_DATETIME%%

I am using JIRA version : 4.3.4
The plugin version is : 1.0.1

Thanks for your help.

3 answers

1 vote
Tom Wilhelm October 3, 2013

Are you sure? I'm getting the same behavior today. It's not exactly a complex process, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

I've added an Update Issue Custom Field post-function on a custom Date Time field using the %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% value. I tried putting the new post-funtion at various points along the 5 required post-functions, which just changes the point at which the system throws this error:

The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation. Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser

We're using: JSU v1.4.7, JIRA v5.2.6 and JIRA Agile 6.3.1

UPDATE: Nevermind, found the reason here: https://jsutil.atlassian.net/browse/JSUTIL-196

"Please use version 1.3.5 of the plugin, more recent versions are only meant for JIRA 6.X"

I downgraded to 1.3.5 and it's working fine now...

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

this is fixed on JSU 1.2.4 version

check this

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/browse/JSUTIL-120

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

hello Alexandre Vivien,

you use customfield of type Date Time and check the macro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events