JIRA Startup Fail due to JaM PlugIn

Ken C September 6, 2012

Hello.

We are using JIRA v4.3.4 with a v1 JaM v6.2 plugin and have been using them together successfully for over a year.

JIRA was shutdown and restarted recently where we then received the following message:

"JIRA Startup Failed You cannot access JIRA at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons

Description "Error occured while starting component com.atlassian.jira.event.DefaultListenerManager'."

The catalina.out errors indicated it was the mercury_kit-6.2-GA.jar file. We removed the jar file from atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib and JIRA restarted without error and all other plugins worked fine. When shutdown occured, Tomcat closed successfully.

What could be causing this error with the plugin and preventing JIRA from starting? Could this issue be occuring due to a locked file or stuck process that needs to be forced closed? Are there specific locations we haven't found yet that could possibly have corrupt files or processes that are for the JaM plugin and preventing JIRA from staring?

I have contacted the Go2Group but have recieved no answer resolving this issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day.

Ken

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brett Taylor September 6, 2012

Hi Ken,

I am trying to find your ticket in our support system and can not find any user with the name of Cunzeman.

Can you provide the issue ID please?

Thanks,

Brett

0 votes
Brett Taylor September 6, 2012

Hi Ken,

I am trying to find your ticket in our support system and can not find any user with the name of Cunzeman.

Can you provide the issue ID please?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Ken,

How did you contact Go2Group? Did you raise a ticket in the JaM plugin project? If you can get me the key, I will ask someone to follow it up.

Ken C September 6, 2012

Hello.

I have been in contact with Go2Group via email and recently informed them of this issue. I just entered issue: PLUGINJAM-1759. The plug in works great and provides us with necessary and valuable information. This issue only started with a restart of JIRA.

Thank you.

Ken

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Thanks Ken. I will ask someone to have a look. You will see the comments on the issue.

0 votes
Johan-Kees Vliek September 6, 2012

Hi Ken,

Have you tried the following (with plugin installed):

1. Shutdown Jira
  2. Remove all files in $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  3. Remove all files in $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
  4. Remove all files in $JIRA_INSTALL/work
  5. Start Jira

This couses Jira to redeploy all plugins. Not sure if it will fix the problem, but worth the try.

Regards,

Johan-Kees

Ken C September 6, 2012

Hello.

I have cleared files from .osgi-plugins with same results but have not cleared .bundled-plugins or work. I will give it a try.

Thank you for info

Ken

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events