JIRA Script Runner

Pushparaj Bhaskaran January 23, 2014
I need to make some fields mandatory on selection of a particular value in a dropdown . It needs to be 
triggered in the validation script of a workflow in the create transition.

Please let me know if the below is correct . I attached the same in the script but nothing happens

import com.googlecode.jsu.util.WorkflowUtils
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
import org.apache.log4j.Category

log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.OneOrOther")
log.debug("In Validator groovy script")
String sponsor = (String) WorkflowUtils.getFieldValueFromIssue(issue, WorkflowUtils.getFieldFromKey("customfield_10170")) ?: ""
String desc = (String) WorkflowUtils.getFieldValueFromIssue(issue, WorkflowUtils.getFieldFromKey("description")) ?: ""

if (! (sponsor == "" ^ desc == "")) 
{
    invalidInputException = new InvalidInputException("Must enter either a Sponsor OR a description")
}

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

The code you've posted is from the behaviour plugin, and is mostly wrong (no offence) because it uses APIs to get the value of the fields from db, and ignores what's on the form.

I'd take Henning's advice, but modify slightly:

(cfValues['Sponsor'] as boolean) ^ (issue.description as boolean)

Bitwise xor doesn't like nulls.

Not this is from script runner... workflow -> validators -> script validator -> simple scripted validator.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

IMO you could use a Simple scripted validator with following codition

cfValues['Sponsor'] ^ issue.description

and the text of the exception as error message. Maybe because of the bitwise xor you need the =="", but I'm not sure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events