JIRA Project configurator issue - stop the Project configurator creating duplicate custom fields

Roy Chapman April 28, 2015

How can I stop the Project configurator creating duplicate custom fields.  Lets say I have a field called "CUSTOM" in the DEST instance which is a text field and I have a field called "CUSTOM" in the SOURCE instance which is a select field.  The Project Configurator will create the field as new, so I end up with two fields.

This leads to further confusion as the project is assigned to the first of these fields (not sure how they are ordered).  I found that after import custom fields were misisng from the secondary tabs of a screen.  When I checked why they were missing I found that they were not configured for the context of this project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

JIRA permits having two custom fields in the same instance with the same name and different types. It even permits several custom fields with the same name and same type ! (this is not supported by Project Configurator).

In its earliest versions, PC did not allow for custom fields with same names and different types, but after several issues raised by users, this seemed too restrictive and too distant from what JIRA allowed, so it was "relaxed" to identifying customfields by name and type, so that custom fields with the same name and different types were treated as different. See for example PCP-54 and PCP-55.

I do not understand very well the problem described in the last paragraph of the question. Could you explain it to greater detail?

Roy Chapman April 30, 2015

José, I will try and reproduce the second part and get back to you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events