JIRA Project configurator issue - No event type with id 10002

An error occurred:

Error: No event type with id 10002

At Most frequent errors found in export you can find advice to fix this problem

I traced this to this workflow, but unsure what I am looking for here 

[Project GCFT] [Workflow scheme GED Development Workflow Scheme + XRay] [Workflow GED Development Workflow Reworked] [Translating event type Id 10002]

Any pointers

1 answer

1 accepted

This might have been caused because that workflow was configured with a reference to that event type id (for example, with a post function that fires that event) and later the event type was removed.

Unless the workflow is rather small (few transitions) the fastest solution would be:

a) Export the workflow descriptor as XML, by usingt he JIRA builtin option.

b) Search for the string "10002" in the XML descriptor. Of all occurrences, find those that are related to an event type, like:

<arg name="eventTypeId">10002</arg>

or:

<function type="class">
    <arg name="class.name">com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin</arg>
    <arg name="FIELD_CONDITION">true</arg>
    <arg name="scriptFileName">com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.workflow.postfunctions.FireEventWhen</arg>
    <arg name="FIELD_EVENT_ID">10002</arg>
</function>

c) Examine text surrounding occurrences found in Step 2 to find out the exact location of the problem (i.e which function in which transition has the obsolete reference)

d) Go to JIRA and fix the workflow.

Thanks. Found the issue. There was actually 3 instances of this (each reported after fixing the previous). In all 3 cases the step "Fire a event that can be processed by the listeners." was empty. It hit update and it added a Generic Event. Thanks again

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

252 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you