JIRA OnDemand + Fisheye behind firewall linking questions - smart commits

Scott McDonald July 7, 2014

This is a bit complicated.
We are currently using JIRA OnDemand and have Stash & Fisheye installed behind a firewall with no inbound ports open without a VPN connection.

JIRA uses a different authentication (and usernames) than Fisheye and Stash.

Fisheye and Stash can talk to JIRA but JIRA cannot connect to Fisheye or Stash.

if I try to link Fisheye to JIRA with oAauth, I do receive an error that some features are not implemented.

"There is a problem communicating directly between these two applications. This may affect the behaviour of some integration features."

This is expected because the firewall to the Fisheye server is not open.

My question is with this configuration is there any way for Smart Commits from the Fisheye server to the JIRA server to work?

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Patrick Balthazar April 21, 2015

I have opened a support ticket for this and it seems the only way to achieve this is by opening the firewall.

Fisheye is communicated to from JIRA on port 80 or 443 (https) if enabled and at least one of those ports needs to be open so JIRA can communicate with Fisheye.

I was trying basically the same setup with Crucible/Fisheye but even though Crucible works fine with port 8060 there is no way to configure JIRA to use a different port to communicate with Fisheye.

So if you are using JIRA OnDemand (JIRA Cloud) then you need port 80 (or 443 for https) open for Fisheye/Conflunece link. Any other port won't work for the JIRA to find the crucible/fisheye install.

Also make sure to setup Crucible to listen on port 80, not on by standard 8060!!!

Oh and just FYI - if you host the Crucible/Fisheye and/or Stash server internally on a different server than the firewall is, you have to forward communication to the right internal IP from the firewall and set the server configuration of Fisheye to use that firewall server as proxy.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Daniel Noll April 28, 2015

This is a bit disappointing. Policy prevents us opening ports for incoming traffic, so as long as they're going to force us to open up a port in that direction, it means we get no commit information from JIRA.

Patrick Balthazar April 29, 2015

We have the same kind of policy here - what IT was ok with to do was to only open the port if traffic is coming from the JIRA cloud. Maybe that works for you too!

0 votes
Sean Lively April 20, 2015

Same issue here, I really don't want to push Fisheye through the firewall...

0 votes
Patrick Balthazar April 20, 2015

I have basically the same issue here, any news on this? Has anyone figured this out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events