JIRA Issue Auto-Deletion?

PeteToscano July 26, 2017

Some of us are in a discussion with our legal folks about tracking contracts in JIRA. In this project, an issue would be created for every contract that we have with a vendor or whatnot. Let's say that we have a statement of work that needs vetting. We create the issue and attach the contract, then reassign it to the legal folks for vetting. Maybe they come back with some comments/concerns on the contract, so we bring those back to the vendor, wash, rinse, repeat until we have an SoW that everyone is happy with. The contact gets signed and attached to the issue. At this point, based on various factors, the deletion date would be set. (Based on our document retention policy, phase of the moon, etc.)

I'm wondering if there's anything out there to support auto-deletion of issues (preferably based on some date field)? I know it's not normal functionality for an issue tracking system -- having the historical info is useful -- but as JIRA gets used in other workflows, having this functionality could be useful.

I am assuming that writing some script to do this wouldn't be too hard -- assuming that delete functionality is exposed -- but using a plugin or native functionality is usually much smaller lift than coding it yourself.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi Pete,

One option is to use the JIRA Automation Plugin or Automation Lite for JIRA Cloud.  Please see the discussion post titled
JIRA Automated old issue deletion for more info.

Cheers,

Branden

PeteToscano July 26, 2017

Thanks, Branden. I'll take a look at those.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events