JIRA Drag and Drop Attachments Plugin should not be active for IE users (like in was in past versions)

T-Systems Austria Gesmbh July 18, 2013

G'Day,

we have recently upgraded to Jira 6 and therefor installed the latest version of the JIRA Drag and Drop Attachments Plugin.

In the old version the plugin was marked as disabled/not usable for IE users if they look at an issue. Now in the latest version IE users also see the plugin and are trying to use it (with no success) this leads to a lot of error tickets for our jira system by the users.

Is it possible to reactivate the old behavour? IE users should not be able to use the plugin but FF and Chrome users should.

Can this be changed in the settings? Or is this the new default setting which is hardcoded?

Best Regards

Andreas Decker

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Hey, seems to be a bug. I'd raise an issue in https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Cheers Christian

0 votes
SteveD July 23, 2013

Hello,

While I can't offer you any advise, I wanted to say that we are experiencing the same behavior. In fact, to avoid the tickets (as you described) I have disabled the plug-in until it is fixed. I only give my two cents to hopefully gain attention.

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events