JIRA Color Custom Fields accept HTML commands in field description for automatic setting?

Jordan Pflum January 15, 2014

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible for the Color Custom Fields, particularly the Picker, to accept and act upon setting rules / commands via HTML stored in the field description?

In particular, I would be interested in running the following or a similar command:

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_11605")>=1 ? #00ff00 : issue.get("customfield_11605") >=0.7 ? #ffff00 : #ff0000 -->

Basically I would be looking for the ability to conditionaly set / format these fields automatically?

Would this be possible, now or in the future?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Jordan,

If you want to see change color on screen you need to use javascript in description.

Otherwise you can write post function using script runner to change value

0 votes

OK, thank you for the advice........

I am trying out the syntax - can you help me out wit hthis syntax to be placed in the Description?:

<!-- @@Formula: if (issue.get(“customfield_11605”)>=1)
{
return #00ff00;
}
else if (issue.get(“customfield_11605”)>=0.7)
{
return #ffff00;
}
else
{
return #ff0000;
} -->

Charles Huggins August 16, 2018

You can try this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219385/rainbow-field?hosting=server&tab=overview
Any feature requests much apprecated!

0 votes

Hello sir,

Yes, I think that placing the command in the Description would be fine.

I am not at all particular as to the language used - just whatever would cause the field value to be automatically set the easiest?

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Hello,

I am creator of this add-on. You mean to set value using javascript in description of banner?

If so my answer yes, because, it is just test field with specific renderer. Or you are asking to do it using configuration?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events