JIRA Color Custom Field - What do I put in the select values to get the colors to show up?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2013

Hi,

Sorry for being so thick, but I really don't understand what values I'm to put in the select list as the JIRA Admin for colors to show up. I tried some hex values, html, but nothing worked. I want the colors (primary), red, green, yellow as the selections.

The documentation and screen shots, don't really explain how to do this?

Thanks...Susan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2013

From memory, it should accept hex values, but I used to use it with plain, unencoded English colour names - Red, Green, Yellow, Black, Gray etc

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2013

Too funny...you're right!! I just put in red yellow green...and voila it worked. The hex didn't seem to

0 votes
Laura Piccione December 2, 2015

I've found that some but not all hex codes work...not sure if there's a pattern I'm not recognizing as I'm pretty ignorant to this stuff, but the mechanism works.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events