JIRA Automation - create issue with custom issue type (sub task)

Pete Harris May 10, 2017

Hi.

I want to create sub tasks using JIRA automation plugin which have a specific issue type which has been custom configured on the project settings screen.  This allows me to better categorise tasks/sub tasks and track completion times.  How do I do this with the plugin?  I cannot see a way in the GUI as the create sub task component only offers the two system issues types Issues and Sub Task.  Thanks!Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 21.29.23.png

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

Hi Pete,

So there's 2 ways to create sub-tasks with Automatin for JIRA:

• Using the 'Create sub-task' action you have above. This only allows specifying issue type and summary
  • Using the 'Create issue' action. This allows you specify all fields but you can only create one issue at a time (so you'd have to add multiple actions)

Now in your example above you're using the 'Create sub-task' action. Now if there's multiple sub-task issue types available in your project, then the type column would contain a dropdown select box to select from the different issue types.  Are you sure that you have multiple sub-task issue types available in this project?

To verify this you can simply open the create issue dialog with your project selected, and then check to see how many sub-task issue types are available in the issue type dropdown.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events