JIRA Agile Estimation statistic / Time Tracking - use specific Role Estimate

jbartlett86 October 23, 2017

Hi,

We are using JIRA Agile to manage our development work in sprints using the original estimate as our Estimate Statistic and our Time Tracking off Remaining Estimate and Time Spent fields.

The problem we are experiencing now is we want to only use a specific roles original estimate, remaining estimate and time spent information to control the sprints.

Can you think of any way, or has it been considered within you development stream to run the Sprint off a single Roles estimate and time spent rather than the total?

Thanks,

John

1 answer

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

Hi John,

Can you please, tell us in brief as to how you want this to work. As you can choose to have only one role, by going into the configuration setting of our plugin. And then use this configuration into the scheme, which you set up for your desired issue types in the project.

This way, you can set the configuration and scheme for a specific project  to only use one role.

Let us know your requirements, and we can try to find a workaround.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

jbartlett86 April 6, 2018

Hi,

I must have completely missed this during my previous attempts to use your plugin.

We want to log and estimate many role types against a given JIRA Project but have the Agile Sprint board to only include time for one of the roles.

For instance, we have 2 roles... Development Time and Testing Time and these roles are then used to estimate against issues across various JIRA Projects.

The issues for those projects then end up in a single sprint for development, and that sprint should represent only the estimate/time logged for the development aspects of the work. However now the time in the Sprint represents the entire amount (e.g. Development Time + Testing Time).

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks,

John

Ilya Baryshev February 6, 2019

Hi, have you found a solution to your problem, @jbartlett86?

I have the same problem you have described.

// cc @Abhinav Ojha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events