JIRA 6.4 breaks Issue Alternative Assignee

Go Hayama April 12, 2015

Hi @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist],

Just wondering if you had any plans to release a JIRA 6.4 compatibility update for Issue Alternative Assignee (addon-com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.issue-alternative)? Since upgrading to JIRA 6.4 re-indexing is failing for us with errors from Issue Alternative Assignee:

2015-04-13 09:46:31,949 JiraTaskExectionThread-2 WARN jiraadmin 586x3912x1 l87pl9 100.66.230.2,127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/IndexReIndex.jspa [atlassian.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] Indexing failed for Issue - '103337'
2015-04-13 09:46:31,949 JiraTaskExectionThread-2 WARN jiraadmin 586x3912x1 l87pl9 100.66.230.2,127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/IndexReIndex.jspa [atlassian.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.customfields.UserPickerProjectRole': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.customfields.UserPickerProjectRole]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.UserCFType.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/persistence/CustomFieldValuePersister;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/converters/UserConverter;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/manager/GenericConfigManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/properties/ApplicationProperties;Lcom/atlassian/jira/security/JiraAuthenticationContext;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/config/manager/FieldConfigSchemeManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/project/ProjectManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/template/soy/SoyTemplateRendererProvider;Lcom/atlassian/jira/security/groups/GroupManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/security/roles/ProjectRoleManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/user/search/UserPickerSearchService;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/rest/json/beans/JiraBaseUrls;Lcom/atlassian/jira/user/UserHistoryManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/user/UserFilterManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/user/search/UserPickerSearchService;Lcom/atlassian/jira/util/I18nHelper;Lcom/atlassian/jira/util/EmailFormatter;)

Disabling the Issue Alternative Assignee add-on resolves the problem and allows us to re-index successfully.

You had helped us out last July with a similar compatibility update (I think that was the 1.7.6 or 1.7.7 release), but I remember you mentioning that while you maintain this add-on as a service to the community you don't recommend its use anymore. So I just wanted to get in touch with you and see what your plans were going forward.

If you think you'll be releasing a JIRA 6.4 compatibility update that would help us out with our immediate problem, but this will likely keep coming up, so if you decide to end support here, we will take this opportunity to try to remove our dependency from the add-on.

Thanks as always,

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ferry Chia April 26, 2015

Hey @Norihiko.Ishii,

I'm currently using this plugin and have encountered same problem. I managed to clone the source code from Jamie Git repository but could not create a fork to contribute back to his repository.

Anyway I have made the following changes to UserPickerProjectRole.java ,and made the plugin compatible for 6.4.1. 

public UserPickerProjectRole(CustomFieldValuePersister customFieldValuePersister, UserConverter userConverter, GenericConfigManager genericConfigManager, ApplicationProperties applicationProperties, JiraAuthenticationContext authenticationContext, FieldConfigSchemeManager fieldConfigSchemeManager, ProjectManager projectManager, SoyTemplateRendererProvider soyTemplateRendererProvider, GroupManager groupManager, ProjectRoleManager projectRoleManager, UserPickerSearchService searchService, JiraBaseUrls jiraBaseUrls, UserHistoryManager userHistoryManager, UserFilterManager userFilterManager, UserPickerSearchService userPickerSearchService, I18nHelper i18nHelper, UserBeanFactory userBeanFactory) {
        super(customFieldValuePersister, userConverter, genericConfigManager, applicationProperties, authenticationContext, fieldConfigSchemeManager,
                projectManager, soyTemplateRendererProvider, groupManager, projectRoleManager, searchService, jiraBaseUrls,
                userHistoryManager, userFilterManager, userPickerSearchService, i18nHelper, userBeanFactory);
    }

Basically there's a change in Constructor method for UserCFType changing EmailFormatter to UserBeanFactory. 

So far, I have yet to encounter any problem from the changes.

Note: The official compatible version is available from the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.issue-alternative-assignee

Go Hayama April 26, 2015

Hi @Ferry Chia [Akeles],

Thanks so much for sharing your solution with us!

In our case, since we didn't hear back from Jamie, we made the decision to remove our dependency from the add-on (we had to edit nearly 150 workflows...), so we have resolved our problem that way, but I'm sure there are many other users facing the same problem who will appreciate your solution.

Thanks,

Peter

Ferry Chia April 26, 2015

Alright, No worries. Just sharing because I was working on the same problem 2 weeks back but only manage to find time today to fix the problem. Just contributing back to the community :)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2015

Ferry, thanks, I have uploaded a compatible version to the marketplace now.

0 votes
Ryan Brown May 5, 2015

Just wanted to let anyone who stumbles across this ticket to know that the 6.4.x patch for the Issue Alternative Assignee plugin is now available.  In our instance, uninstalling the plugin pre-upgrade and then reinstalling with the new version after the upgrade completed and then performing a reindex has resolved all issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events