JEditor: How to link to attachments

Torsten Mattetat December 5, 2014

Hi all,

is it possible to link to attachments (e.g. videos and powerpoints in my case) of the current issue? Before JEditor I could do this by [^attachmentname]?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!
Torsten 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

Got the same question from our users..

Workaround is to switch the text editor back to wiki mode & use [^attachmentname] 

I assume JEditor would support this by "Link Dialog" popup window, in which you can upload a file, but the URL which is generated is not correct, i.e. points a local folder, instead of the expected equivalent for [^attachmentname]

After changing JEditor settings below, things start behaving more towards expected, but not quite yet

Attach uploads   
Force JEditor to attach uploaded/pasted images to JIRA issue

==> pasted images in the text are are getting uploaded to the issue, but not the uploaded files via the Link dialog window

Force native links
Force native link to attachment when file is attached to issue (requires the Attach Uploads option)

==> pasted images in the text are are getting uploaded to the issue, but the resulting URL in the text field is not using the expected attachment name as exposed on the issue. 

Also a list of the parent issue's attachments to pick from is something still missing. 

Torsten Mattetat January 14, 2016

Thanks, WIKI Mode Alt-W and [^attachmentname] helps. I hope the upload feature will be improved in the future.

0 votes
Torsten Mattetat January 14, 2016

thanks

0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

Hi Torsten, We will add proper file upload functionality in January. Btw in JEditor you can add links to attachments by pressing Alt+W and typing [^attachmentname] :) Thanks, Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events