Issues without epic does not appear in story map

Tobias Heldring January 3, 2017

Hi!

Just installed the Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA and it looks good, although I immediately notice a couple of major issues.

First, and most importantly, issues (of any type) without epic assignment does not appear anywhere on the board. There is no "Issues without Epics-siderbar" like described in the bottom of https://docs.arijea.com/easy-agile-user-story-maps/creating-a-story-map/ and they do not appear anywhere on the map, which means crucial information is missing to be able to use the story map.

Secondly, when opening the Add existing issue-dialog, I assume that dialog as well is supposed to show issues without epic? As for now it only includes the issues of Task-type that are missing epic tag, the issues of Story-type that are missing epic tag does not appear there either.

Tested both in Chrome&Firefox

A workaround could be to add all issues that are missing epic to an "No epic"-epic, but that would make me cry a bit inside so hoping to get some feedback on how to solve the issue, or any progress on a fix for this.

Thanks! 

EDIT: Also added a Support Request for this, sry for the duplicate

5 answers

2 votes
Pedro Santos September 5, 2017

Same here.
Adding the option to see issues without Epics would really be useful.

We've just started using this plugin, and for the daily work is not feasible to add the backlog issues to an Epic  one by one.

Hopefully you'll be able to add an option to filter or not issues without Epics

Thanks

Kateryna Reshetniak November 16, 2017

+1 Waiting for this feature! 

Thy Guintivano January 8, 2018

+1 eagerly waiting for this feature too!! 

it's painful to click between kanban and story map views to get a complete picture of work that needs to be done.

2 votes
Kevin Cressy March 3, 2017

I woul like to see a feature so that I can still see issues without epics on the board

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2017

Thanks for flagging this Kevin. We've added a story for this to the backlog (finding an acceptable workaround for the performance issue notwithstanding).

cc/ Tobias

Thy Guintivano January 8, 2018

@Nick Muldoon

Hi Nick!  Do you have an idea of when we can expect to have this story prioritized and/or scoped into a future release date?

Thanks,
Thy

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2018

Hi @Tobias Heldring @Bharadwaj Jannu @Kateryna Reshetniak @Thy Guintivano @Pedro Santos,

Just a quick update: Jira Cloud customers are now able to access the new Backlog panel. A release for Jira Server customers which includes the backlog panel is on its way (I anticipate a release 2nd week of May).

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2017

Hi @Tobias Heldring@Kateryna Reshetniak@Pedro Santos@Kevin Cressy,

Just a quick update. We've done two releases in the past month that are the start of our journey towards bringing 'Issues without Epics' back to the story map. You can find out more about the new Jira Server versions on our Release Notes page.

Next up:

• bring the 'issues without epics' panel back (without the prior performance limitations),
  • add sprint/version markers to the panel (so you know what is in/out of a given sprint even when not related to an epic), and
  • change the sprint/version statistics to include all issues in the sprint/version

Stay tuned for more details in 2018. Thanks for your support and guidance.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon, Easy Agile
@njm

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2018

Hi Nick, do the feature 'issues without epics' will be available in the near future?

Regards,

Bharadwaj

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

Hi @Bharadwaj Jannu,

Yes, that is the first significant piece of work we will be starting in 2018.

Keep an eye out for an update in March.

Thanks,
Nick

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2017

Hi Tobias, thanks for flagging this, I'll respond on the support request as well.

Late last year we released a new version which changed the behaviour from the 'Issues without Epics' panel to a '+' button which reveals the 'Add new or existing issue' on hover. We did this to enable customers with larger story maps to easily add an issue from a large backlog to the right epic and sprint/version location.

An added benefit was the improved load time of the story map as we no longer load a lot of issues that are not necessarily needed.

You should see issues of all types in the 'add existing' dialog. I'll follow up on the support request about this.

Also, I've updated the documentation to reflect the new behaviour. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks Tobias.

Regards,
Nicholas Muldoon, Easy Agile 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events