Issues with OpenId Login Addon

Marc Fletcher March 22, 2016

We have been using this add-on for the past several months and we have identified the following issues. Before we consider upgrading our license we would like to find out if there are any potential solutions -

1. We reported a login bug but sometime ago - Session timeout -> login -> odd redirect which does not yet appear to have been addressed. Are there any plans to do so?
  2. Whenever a user logs in using OpenId they are typically logged back out after 30 minutes. Is it possible to increase this delay or disable it entirely?
  3. Is it possible to hide the default login box, possibly with a CSS change within JIRA?

If it's not possible to address these issues we will most likely have no choice but to uninstall this add-on.

5 answers

0 votes
Marc Fletcher April 5, 2016

We are not currently using Crowd.

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2016

Any chance you're using Crowd with JIRA? I just noticed there's an additional session timeout setting in Crowd.

0 votes
Marc Fletcher April 4, 2016

For some reason I was not able to reply in the Session timeout -> login -> odd redirect thread. I'll include as much information as I can here:

1. We are using version 2.6.0 of the addon. Our base URL for JIRA is set to https://jira.ebx.sh
  2. We are using JIRA v7.0.9#70119, with an out of the box standalone configuration.
  3. There is an IP tables port redirect from 80 to 8080. There is nothing else inbetween the browser and JIRA.
  4. I can confirm that the session-timeout variables are set to 30 and 300 respectively in the files you have provided. I don't think we have edited anything in the JIRA configuration other than enabling the HTTPS connector.
  5. We have had the above issues since we installed the OpenId plugin.

If you need any more information please let me know.

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2016

Actually, I'm trying to investigate that and I'm not sure how this happens (problem 2). By default JIRA has session timeout set to 5 hours so it should not be a problem, but I noticed that Tomcat's defaults are different 30 minutes.

Now I need to ask you - how did you deploy JIRA - what JIRA version do you use, is it a standalone installation with its own Tomcat or did you deploy it other way?

What settings for session-timeout do you have in conf/web.xml and atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml (should be 30 and 300 respectively).

Do you have any reverse proxy in front?

Did the problem start to occur after an upgrade? You mentioned you were using the plugin for months and you only recently reported this problem. Did you upgrade JIRA?

0 votes
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2016

Thanks for sharing those.

Ad. 1) I actually improved the redirection but guess it still fails, gonna look into it.

Ad. 2) Gonna investigate that.

Ad. 3) I will think about that. But I'm not sure if this will be implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events