Issues created more than X ago

Andrey Tyupov March 14, 2018

I am trying to limit the selection of the issue to only those that were created more than a defined amount time ago (say 1 hour).

I have inserted a JQL-condition (since Compare Condition doesn't have an option '>' or '<'):

{{#issue.created}}{{/}} < {{#now}}func=minusMinutes(60){{/now}}

The rule passed the validation however failed during an execution:

JQL CONDITION

No subsequent actions were performed since JQL condition did not pass due to error running JQL:Error in the JQL Query: The character '+' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u002b' instead. (line 1, character 47), Error in the JQL Query: The character '+' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u002b' instead. (line 1, character 46), Error in the JQL Query: The character '+' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u002b' instead. (line 1, character 45), Error in the JQL Query: The character '+' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u002b' instead. (line 1, character 48)

Am I doing it wrong?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Hi Andrey,

The best way to achieve this would be with a rule like this:

• Trigger: Scheduled ever hour with JQL - created < -1h
  • Action: Whatever you need to do with those issues ;)

Hope that helps!

For more help, see our docs https://docs.codebarrel.io/automation/

Cheers,
Andreas

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Not sure why using Compare Condition format since JIRA Automation allows normal JQL, so it should be simply

created < -1h

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events