Issue with "Sum Subtasks"

Zhenning Bao January 29, 2013

I find another issue.

This is with 'Sum Subtasks' option, which can be reproduced if the subtasks of one requirement/task are assigned to different persons. When 'Sum Subtasks' is selected, a subtasks will only show up when the its assignee the same as the parent task. And if there is no subtask has a same assignee as the parent, the whole requirement/task will be missing.

But it should be quite often that subtasks are assigned to different people. For such case, if "Sum Subtasks" is selected, the tasks should be split instead of missing.

It works fine if 'Sum Subtasks' is not selected.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hi Zhenning,

Assignee is not used in timesheet plugin for anything, however if you specify Priority or Project, this may be tricky, as priority and project of the parent issue is checked.

Could you please clarify?

Thank you.

I meant work logger. But,weird, I couldn't reproduce it again if there is assignee for the parent task. But I just confirmed if the parent task is "unassigned", the subtasks will not shown when "Sum Subtasks" is selected.

No project or priority is specified.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Sorry, still does not make sense, sub tasks are not shown when "Sum Subtasks' is selected, but instead parent issue is shown with worked hours taken from subtasks.

It is easy to reproduce. Create a requirement, unassigned. Create two sub tasks under it. Log work for both as one user. Generate the timesheet for the user with this sum option selected, you will see the requirement (parent) doesn't show up in the report. If you assign the requirement to someone, then you got it.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

I've tried it and still see the unassigned issue, also in the case it does not have work logged, but only sub task has.

It is also possible that it is not displayed because of permissions. Can it be that you have permission scheme that allows to see only assigned (to yourself) issues?

Thank you.

I think I know the root cause now. I have applied a filter which doesn't include "unassigned" tasks....Thanks for your support and sorry for taking a lot of time from you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Great, and no problem, I'm glad to help!

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

I've tried it and still see the unassigned issue, also in the case it does not have work logged, but only sub task has.

It is also possible that it is not displayed because of permissions. Can it be that you have permission scheme that allows to see only assigned (to yourself) issues?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events