Issue with Zephyr for Jira Import tool

Anand RP September 16, 2014

While trying to import test cases to Zephyr using the import tool, I am getting following error message:

Wed Sep 17 14:48:38 IST 2014 file:///C:/zephyr/TestSuite/converted/Alert_converted_short.xls normalization success..!
Wed Sep 17 14:48:39 IST 2014 Unable to add testcase ending at rowNumber - 7. Error:Unexpected response code: 400
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"You must specify a summary of the issue."}}
Wed Sep 17 14:48:39 IST 2014 Alert_converted_short.xls imported successfully..!

The sample xls file is attached

Mapping provided is as follows: Name (B) , Step (D), Result (E), Test Data(F), External ID(A), Description (C)

Delimiter: By Id Change

Alert_converted_short.xls

2 answers

0 votes
Anand RP September 17, 2014

According to the field configuration ( I am using the Default Field Configuration of Jira) only Issue Type, Reporter and Summary are mandatory. In the import tool as far as I understand the Name field maps to Summary. So i got all the mandatory field covered. Also wondering why it threw error for row:6 and not for any row before that. When i delete row 6 and import it threw error for row 5.

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2014

Hello Anand, 

We have tried to reproduce the same error with the data you have provided, however we are able to import the data successfully. 

From the logs we are assuming some fields to be mandatory in JIRA that you are trying to import. Could you please double check the same.

Administration>Issues>View Field Configuration.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Bibek

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events