Issue with Copy to Subtask plugin. Plugin doesn't respond

Seshu November 13, 2014

Hello,

When click more>Create Subtask-JCTS, it does populate the fields that are configured but nothing happens when I click 'Create'. All I see is blank screen and nothing is saved. Can you please help. If needed , I can provide screenshots. But the steps are as mentioned above. 

I have also given below the URL that comes on the blank screen. The IP address before \secure is not provided here. .................... /secure/JCTSCreateSubTaskIssueDetails.jspa 

Please help.

Regards,

Narayanan

Copytosubtask2.jpg

4 answers

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hi Narayanan, Check if there is an update available for the add-on and try updating to the latest version. If not, this looks like something the plugin vendor will have to support. Cheers Bhushan

0 votes
Seshu November 13, 2014

Sure. I can see these two errors in the log are repeating since I was attempted to use copy to subtask quite a few times... I hope this helps... Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateSubTaskIssueDetails.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/ConstantsManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/SubTaskManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/action/issue/IssueCreationHelperBean;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueFactory;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/IssueService;)V at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:115) /secure/JCTSCreateSubTaskIssueDetails.jspa [jira.config.webwork.JiraActionFactory] Error autowiring Action 'com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails'. org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateSubTaskIssueDetails.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/ConstantsManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/SubTaskManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/action/issue/IssueCreationHelperBean;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueFactory;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/IssueService;)V at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:254)

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Log files are available in your JIRA_HOME\log\atlassian-jira.log

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2014

Hi Narayanan, Could you please check your log files for any errors and share them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events