Issue with Copy to Subtask plugin. Plugin doesn't respond

Hello,

When click more>Create Subtask-JCTS, it does populate the fields that are configured but nothing happens when I click 'Create'. All I see is blank screen and nothing is saved. Can you please help. If needed , I can provide screenshots. But the steps are as mentioned above. 

I have also given below the URL that comes on the blank screen. The IP address before \secure is not provided here. .................... /secure/JCTSCreateSubTaskIssueDetails.jspa 

Please help.

Regards,

Narayanan

Copytosubtask2.jpg

4 answers

Hi Narayanan, Could you please check your log files for any errors and share them?

Log files are available in your JIRA_HOME\log\atlassian-jira.log

Sure. I can see these two errors in the log are repeating since I was attempted to use copy to subtask quite a few times... I hope this helps... Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateSubTaskIssueDetails.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/ConstantsManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/SubTaskManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/action/issue/IssueCreationHelperBean;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueFactory;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/IssueService;)V at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:115) /secure/JCTSCreateSubTaskIssueDetails.jspa [jira.config.webwork.JiraActionFactory] Error autowiring Action 'com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails'. org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.jira.copytosubtask.web.action.issue.CopyToSubtaskDetails]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateSubTaskIssueDetails.<init>(Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/ConstantsManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/config/SubTaskManager;Lcom/atlassian/jira/web/action/issue/IssueCreationHelperBean;Lcom/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueFactory;Lcom/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/IssueService;)V at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:254)

Hi Narayanan, Check if there is an update available for the add-on and try updating to the latest version. If not, this looks like something the plugin vendor will have to support. Cheers Bhushan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

314 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you