Issue can be moved to Done even if Validation fails

Bridy Frett July 21, 2016

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the Checklist for JIRA plugin.  While the overall functionality looks good, I'm having problems requiring the mandatory items to be complete prior to moving an issue to done.  In the workflow, on the Done transition, I added a Checklist Validator that requires all mandatory items to be checked for all resolutions.  In the issue, only half of the mandatory items are checked.  When I click the Done button, the issue transitions without error.  

I adjusted the validator to All Items instead of Mandatory Only and saw the same problem.  

To make sure I was going through the process correctly, I added a 'Fields Required' validator.  It caused the appropriate message (for the required field only) and prevented the transition of the issue.

I'm running JIRA Software v7.1.2 with Checklist v3.1.3

Thanks for your help!
Bridy 

3 answers

0 votes
Bridy Frett August 9, 2016

I'm not sure what changed, but it seems to be working now.  Thanks!

0 votes
Bridy Frett July 28, 2016

Which log do I need to check … there are a ton of them?

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2016

Hi Birdy,

I assume that you have selected the proper checklist field in the validator. Can you take a look at JIRA's logs to see if any errors are logged?

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events