Issue Level Permissions

Fabio S July 11, 2017

I would like to allow specific users to see specific issue types in a project only, not all available issue types. It seems that it is not possible to do that directly in the permissions scheme. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

No, but yes. 

You can't do it directly, as issue permissions are done at a project level.  (Although there are some project level things I'd like to see done at an issue level, security is not really one of them)

The "but yes" is because you can do it indirectly.

Give your users permission to see the project as normal.  Then create an issue security scheme.  An issue security scheme allows you to set a "level" on individual issues that can restrict it to certain users.

Now, that's not "by issue type".  Your users can set the levels on any issue they want.  But.  You *can* set the security level in the workflow, and have different workflows by issue type.

So you can have a workflow that sets the security level to "secret squirrel" on create, and second one that does not set anything.  Then make "Bug" follow the "secret squirrel" and "Question" follow the open one.

Fabio S July 11, 2017

Thanks a lot Nic.

But how do I set the security level in a workflow? Using "Validators" (User Permission Validator or Permission Validator)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

Neither.  You're changing data, so you do it in a post-function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events