Is there someting like currentProject() in JJupin

JJupin provides a function currentUser() to get the current user.

Is there something similar for a project? Like currentProject() which returns the key of the current project?

Regards

Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

By default, issue standard variables are pre-declared in SIL, such as project, which holds the key of the current project.

You can see more details in the documentation link below, under the Standard Variables section:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution

HTH

Alex

Thanks a lot Alex for the quick help.

Sometimes its just too easy :-)

Michael

This widget could not be displayed.

It seems like I cannot use the field for my purpose, because it variable is not initialized on the createIssue screen.

I wanted to restrict the issuetypes available for creation based on the project role a user has, based on this tutorial:

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Forbidding+users+to+create+some+issue+types

Sadly, it only works with a hardcoded project string.

Can anyone help?

At what spot in Jira are you looking to attach the SIL script? Validation on "Create" in the workflow? Somewhere else?

Im talking about LifeFields for the createIssue screen.

Keep in mind that you can associate different scripts to different projects. So if you don't have multiple projects associated with the same script, the project will always be the same.

Having the ability to retrieve values from the screen in the init script is a feature we don't have yet.

Hi Florin,
Thanks for your suggestion, but we have several hundred projects and therefore creating and managing a huge number of scripts is not an option.
Regards
Michael

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

514 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you