Is there any way to create a review in crucible automaticallyon workflow transition of Issue in JIRA

My use case is to create a review in crucible on workflow transition of issue in JIRA. I am not able to find any solution for this. Please suggest.

for example: once developer commits his code changes for a JIRA issue and moved the JIRA issue from "In progress" to "In Review" state. JIRA should create a review in crucible automatically for all changeset for that issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Ravi,

You can use Smart Commits to transition JIRA issues from Crucible and make the review from the status you transitioned to, however, at that point you would need to use some automation in the Postfunciton to perform the review portion for you.  I would look into an add-on such as Bob-Swifts Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI).

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

Thanks for reply. I am writing a groovy script using script runner plugin. I have added the custom code to JIRA workflow post function and I am able to create review automatically in crusible by calling post rest api method.

Now the problem is I am not able to get the changeset from JIRA issue. currently i have to hardcode the changeset id in the body of post rest api.

can anyone can suggest me how to get changeset id of commit for the JIRA issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

851 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you