Is there a way to show only "is blocked by links" in the structure?

Lauren Daniels October 9, 2013

I want to create a structure that displays the links of the issues that have blockers (is blocked by and preventing the issue from being completed), but only the ones that are blocked by and not the ones that are blocking or related in any other way. If a add the link column I get all related. Is there a way to just add in the "is blocked by" links to display in the structure?

Thanks,
Lauren

1 answer

1 vote
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Lauren, you can create a structure and populate it using a Links synchronizer to add all blocking issues. Then, if you need to select only those issues that are blocked, you can use S-JQL query to select the top issues.

In more detail:

1. Create an empty structure
  2. Open Structure | Manage Structure page, and on this new structure click "Import"
  3. Select "Issue Links" as the import source
  4. Set up the basic parameters: link type and direction, optionally some JQL conditions on parent (link source) and child (link destination).
  5. Set up the scope parameter: use "Synchronize all issues that have links of selected type" option. Ignore "Removal" and "Primacy" parameters.
  6. Run import and open structure to verify. It should be populated with those issues that have dependency links.
  7. Now, click Search button in the Structure Board and switch to S-JQL mode. Enter SJQL query for showing only top-level issues ("root") or any parent issue ("not leaf"). Turn on Filter button.

I hope this helps. More information can be found in the docs:

Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events