Is there a way to see completed sprints on the User Story Map?

In the screenshots and demo videos, it seemed like all applicable sprints will show up on the story map if there are stories in those sprints with matching Epics.

On my story map I only see the current active sprint and Unscheduled swimlanes only when I select the Sprint Swimlanes view.

What other setting/config is needed to see completed sprints and corresponding jira items?

3 answers

We need a complete story map to understand:

• What we have done
  • What we are doing
  • What we are going to do

(see Creating an Agile Roadmap using Story mapping - Andrea Gigante)

UPDATE: Nick Muldoon / Easy Agile updated the link above as per Andrea's request below

Thanks for using my original article as source of information/reference, I really appreciate, but I would simply like to inform you that Scrum Alliance removed the original article and I had to re-publish it in LinkedIn.
I would appreciate if you could update the reference to the new url:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/creating-agile-roadmap-using-story-mapping-andrea-gigante/

Thanks again
Andrea

Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Monday

Done. Thanks @Andrea Gigante.

0 vote
Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Jun 16, 2017

Hi Balki,

Today we only show active and future sprints on the story map.

Completed sprints are not shown, even when the 'Done' Status Category is selected, as many teams have hundreds or even thousands of issues in completed sprints and they don't want all of that noise. It also causes a performance issue if we request thousands of issues from JIRA.

We do have a story on the backlog to show a few of the more recent sprints, say the past 3. Would that be useful?

Thanks Balki,
Nick Muldoon, Product Manager
Easy Agile

Thanks Nick.  We intentionally keep our projects to <12 sprints.  And want to use your product to bring visibility for the entire project.  So, our ideal is to see all sprints.  Maybe show 3-5 by default but be to configure a higher # for others like us?

Balki

Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Jun 18, 2017

Thanks Balki, noted on the story. I'll follow up here and let you know when we explore this.

Have a great week,
Nick

Hi Nick,

We also need to see all sprints to get the whole picture.

Do you have a solution, yet?

Best regards,

Alex

Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Sep 07, 2017

Thanks @Alex.

Keen to know - how many past sprints are you keen to see?

Regards,
Nick

It would be very useful for us too. Any ideas?

Thank you

Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Monday

Hi @Rodrigo Bertet Ramos,

Understood. It is on the backlog to find a compelling solution for this. Nothing to share at this stage though.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon, Product Manager, Easy Agile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

176 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you