Is there a way to make cloning of test suite (set of test cases) in Zephyr?

Halyna Hnativ January 2, 2013

I would like to support multiple versions of certain test cases. Therefore I need to clone those multiple test cases by one set, for example based on filter. Like in other test management tools we can create a branch from certain test suit and make an updating of this branch for new test cases version.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Dear Admins - I flagged this as spam by accident. It earned me the Citizen Patrol Badget but you can take it back if you want.

Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi,

Bulk cloning of testcases isn't yet supported, unfortuantly. You can clone individual issues one at a time. Various bulk clone plugins do exist on the market, but they don't access our test steps and so bulk clone operations leave test steps behind.

If you are dealing with a lot of testcases, it may be most effecient to have them in Excel and import them multiple times. This however is a workaround. Details about our importer are located here: http://community.yourzephyr.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=775

Kind Regards,

Chris

Karteek September 10, 2019

Could you please explain some more so that I can proceed.
After importing using java code I can read the data after that how can I post again it in Jira because from JIRA API's are not taking the custom fields, shall I need to create a standard JSON for it if it is the choice how can I add the issue links for each test case created in JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events