Is there a way to link Jira users to an asset in a test environment?

I have a testing environment set up for the Assests and Inventory plugin. The only thing that is irritating me is the inability to find a way to directly link an asset to a jira user. (i.e. Laptop #6 is in the possession on Jane Doe.)

Pretty sure at this point it's probably operator error, and probably something ridiculously easy that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

@Moses Thomas, the free plugin indicates it works up to Jira 7.0.11. Is it safe to use it with Jira Software 7.10.1?

@Vick KheraI can't assure you  that  it will  work,  it can be not compatible or you can  experience some  strange behavior,  if you  have a test environment,  with  the same version   of your  Jira instance , test  this plug-in  first  before deploying  it to  your production  instance.

Best!

Hello @Kiera Chavez,

This is Deniz from Snapbytes (Assets and Inventory Plugin);

You can add an "User" type attribute to the form. And use that field to assign the asset to a user.

We also have an item in our backlog, you won't need to define a user field for each form, it will be built-in and we will introduce check-out to user and check-in feature. In a couple of months we plan to release it.  

If you need any more detail please feel free to ask here or raise a ticket from https://jira.snapbytes.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Best regards

Deniz

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,128 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you