Is there a way to limit search to the current space in Theme Press?

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

Zen has a very useful feature where you can limit the Confluence search box to only search in the current space.

I can't find a similar setting in Theme Press. Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2014

I did find a way to fake it -- add a Live Search macro to the page, and hide the default search box. If you put the default search box in the toolbar, it isn't visible in the default view mode -- users don't see it unless they display the tools. I then used CSS to move the Live Search macro into the heading.

0 votes
Zach Zupsic November 21, 2017

Hey everyone, just wanted to put this question to rest. This is now possible using Brikit's Targeted Search App. Details can be found here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.brikit.targetedsearch/server/overview

0 votes
Darryl July 14, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

Currently that's not possible with Theme Press, but it is on our near-term roadmap.

Thanks for the vote!

Cheers,
Darryl

frank verhelst August 12, 2015

Hi Darryl, has this already been deployed?

Paul LaBarbera March 6, 2016

Hi Darryl,

I know this issue is 2 years old... but I'm curious... is it fixed? I'm having trouble wtih this exact scenario.

A Livesearch macro in the header include is giving me a ton of wonky errors. Limiting the Confluence search to my space would be so much simpler. 

Alexandru Cazan February 9, 2017

Is this still an issue or the search can be limited to spaces now?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events