Is there a way to evaluate the Enterprise Zephyr for Jira edition?

Corey Quain April 3, 2014

Is there any way I can evaulate the Enterprise Edition of Zephyr for Jira? I am facing the "can't copy from project to project" issue and this product just won't work for me if I cannot copy from project to project. But, I think this is exactly what I am looking for if I can do the copy feature. So, is there a way to eval the enterprise edition?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi Corey,

Yes you are correct. What you are tryign to do in Zephyr for JIRA is not easily possible. The best way to move tests from one project to another is to clone the test case you want to move to a new project. Once you clone it, you can use the JIRA move funtction to move the clone to another project. You will want to make sure you move the cloned test and not the original one, or else it will move all the data tied to the original test out of the current project.

However, you can accomplish this task with Zephyr Enterprise Edition by just dragging and dropping tests between folders. You do not need to worry about the data tied to it and it is just a few clicks. It will handle it all for you. What you will want to do is shoot an email to support(at)getzephyr(got)com. Let us know you are interested in the Zephyr Enterprise Edition.

What we will do is get you in contact with one of our Zephyr Enterprise Reprentatives. They can help you to get your hands on a trial Enterprise Edition as well as Demo's with an SE on how the product works etc.

Kind Regards,

Emily

2 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Hi Corey,

If you are trying to copy copy an issue from one project to another, I would check the Groovy script runner add-on which enables a post function in the workflow and you can create a transition and copy the issue using "Clones an issue and links" option.

I posted a similar answer for someone who was trying to enable creating a test case creation within the issue using Zephyr. It might help you with the specific steps to do that.

Mehmet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events