Is there a way to block the subtask changing from open status to inprogress status depending on the parent status?

Is there a way to block the subtask changing from open status to inprogress status depending on the parent status?

1 answer

sounds like a misconfigured workflow (postfunctions)

i just tested

Parent Issue (Start Progress)

• Sub-Task remains "Open"

Sub-Task (Start-Progress)

• Parent Issue remains "Open"

could you review your workflow transition postfunctions for "Start Progress" ?

Here is the post function for start progress. Are you saying that this should happen automatically?

no i am not..

i just tried this scenario in a testing instance.

during several postfuction modifications i've seen some sub-task options that might have the effect you mentioned above...but this screenshot looks more default than customized....i'm tryin to dive a bit deeper in this now and let you know what i found out.

can you please tell me what jira version you currently got in use?

the test i made was in Jira 5.2.5 and starting progress on a sub-issue did not update the status on its parent issue...vice versa shows the same result...starting progress on parent issue leaves the sub-task as it was...not updating the status

Thanks. :-) I am using 5.1. I found groovyrunner can check on a parent if all subtasks are resolved. Seems they needed to write something to do this. Changing a parent based on a subtaks doesnt seem to be anything anyone has done.

We have Stories that are "open" and subtasks that are in progress, so I am trying to find a way to fix that.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

117 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you