Is there a way to add static text to a custom screen without Jira Toolkit plugin?

Wendy Allen July 14, 2017

A project I am working on really needs to have labels and instruction in the edit view of the screen. I did reading and found the Jira Toolkit Plugin but I have learned that it cannot be added because it is "unsupported".  Is there any other way that is "supported"?

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2017

You may add text to field descriptions, or even create a custom field, named in example 'Note' or 'info', and add the text to its description so that you can display it wherever you prefer in the form.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Wendy,

It is considered an unsupported operation because it would require changes to the base code or other changes that are not part of the normal JIRA operation which is why you would need an add-on to accomplish this task as it would fall into the Customization and Development Requests category per the Atlassian Support Offerings page.

Cheers,

Branden

짱캡 July 15, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events