Is there a way to add a Zephyr Test to a Test Cycle when creating the Test?

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

This is similar to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/137065/is-there-a-way-to-enter-test-steps-when-creating-an-issue-in-zephyr-for-jira

When creating a JIRA issue with a type of Test for Zephyr, we need to be able to add it to a Test Cycle at the time we create the test. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi JS,

I think this is the same question posted a few days ago! It can be found here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/163918/is-there-a-way-to-assign-a-cycle-to-a-test-while-creating-the-test-in-zephyr

Let me know if this answers your question!

Kind Regrds,

Emily

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that is the same question. Sorry I didn't see it before posting mine. Your answer was that we can't assign a test cycle when creating the test but that we add it in edit mode after we create the initial test.

Will a future release offer the ability to add a Test Cycle and Test Steps when initially creating the test? It's quite an issue to have to create a bunch of tests only to have to go back into each and every one later and add all of these important items.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

Hi JS,

Currenty there is no request for the ability to create steps while creating a test case. This is due to the create issue screen being own by JIRA; we have no ability to edit this screen. In order for us to allow steps to be added we have to have them be added from the actual test step screen once it has been created.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events