Is there a way to add a Zephyr Test to a Test Cycle when creating the Test?

This is similar to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/137065/is-there-a-way-to-enter-test-steps-when-creating-an-issue-in-zephyr-for-jira

When creating a JIRA issue with a type of Test for Zephyr, we need to be able to add it to a Test Cycle at the time we create the test. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi JS,

I think this is the same question posted a few days ago! It can be found here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/163918/is-there-a-way-to-assign-a-cycle-to-a-test-while-creating-the-test-in-zephyr

Let me know if this answers your question!

Kind Regrds,

Emily

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that is the same question. Sorry I didn't see it before posting mine. Your answer was that we can't assign a test cycle when creating the test but that we add it in edit mode after we create the initial test.

Will a future release offer the ability to add a Test Cycle and Test Steps when initially creating the test? It's quite an issue to have to create a bunch of tests only to have to go back into each and every one later and add all of these important items.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi JS,

Currenty there is no request for the ability to create steps while creating a test case. This is due to the create issue screen being own by JIRA; we have no ability to edit this screen. In order for us to allow steps to be added we have to have them be added from the actual test step screen once it has been created.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

459 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you