Is there a way mass import images from a filesystem (previously wikimedia) into Confluence

Hi All

I am in the process of migrating from Wikimedia to Confluence. I have survived the UWC minefield and managed to export from wikimedia and import into Confluence - but given that the two applications make use of complex attachment algorithms to determine where the attachments are stored is it possible to mass mport images given that the links are removed from the database and is there a tool similar to UWC (or indeed can UWC perform this function) that I can make use of?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Confluence Command Line Interface has the addAttachment action. If the information for the attachment is in a database, then you can front end that with runFromSql

Thanks for the answer Bob. I had another look at the UWC and managed to get it doing what I needed to do.

where to include the addAttachment in the command "./run_cmdline.sh -e conf/exporter.mediawiki.properties " The images folder in mediawiki is in $mediawikihome/wiki/images and they are organized the subfolders/subfolders, etc.

Please advise.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

351 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you