Is there a way mass import images from a filesystem (previously wikimedia) into Confluence

Andrew April 11, 2013

Hi All

I am in the process of migrating from Wikimedia to Confluence. I have survived the UWC minefield and managed to export from wikimedia and import into Confluence - but given that the two applications make use of complex attachment algorithms to determine where the attachments are stored is it possible to mass mport images given that the links are removed from the database and is there a tool similar to UWC (or indeed can UWC perform this function) that I can make use of?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2013

Confluence Command Line Interface has the addAttachment action. If the information for the attachment is in a database, then you can front end that with runFromSql

Andrew April 16, 2013

Thanks for the answer Bob. I had another look at the UWC and managed to get it doing what I needed to do.

0 votes
mike li October 31, 2013
0 votes
mike li October 30, 2013

where to include the addAttachment in the command "./run_cmdline.sh -e conf/exporter.mediawiki.properties " The images folder in mediawiki is in $mediawikihome/wiki/images and they are organized the subfolders/subfolders, etc.

Please advise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events