Is there a plugin that can be used to coordinate a randomized ticket review processes?

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

I haven't had luck on the marketplace yet, but I could be bad at searching.

Does anyone know of a plugin that allows you to randomly select issues for review/audit by a team lead?  I've thought of some ways to do it it with the built in JSD automation, or based on SLAs. I'd like it to be truly random, and not visible to anyone other than the audit team unless they find a need to post a comment and engage themselves in the ticket as a result of the audit.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi Patrick,

I think something like this can be achieved by scripting, so your goto addon should be either Scriptrunner or JMWE. 

If you can explain how exactly your review team is supposed to know that this issue has to be reviewed? Do you mark your issues as "waiting for review" in some way? Or do you just notify your review team via email?

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

@Ivan Tovbin - Thanks for the feedback.

Right now we're keeping track of reviews in a separate project where we link the JSD ticket to the audit ticket.  What I'm hoping to find is a mechanism where a flag can be set for whether an issue needs to be reviewed.

The random selection, and potential parameters on the randomization process (like x% per Service Desk Agent, etc), are really what's hanging me up so far.  I do have some experience with ScriptRunner, so if there's nothing out there right now, scripting is an option.

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Well, as far as flagging an issue for a review the obvious way is to simply add a label to it. If that's not an option for you then I'd create a subtask with a proper security level so that only your audit team can see it. That way you won't have to bother with a separate project. 

As for determining which issues should be reviewed I think scripting is the way to go. It'll allow you use either a genuine random number generator or pick your issues conditionally or do both! Scripting gives you a huge flexibility in picking your options.

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2018

@Ivan Tovbin - Thanks for the tips.  I'll look into randomization with scripting to mark tickets for review on a hidden field somewhere in the workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events