Is there a good example or demo for using Zen as a corporate intranet site?

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Looking for easy instructions or sample content to show how Confluence can be used as a organization-wide intranet. Seems like Zen should provide a solution for this.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Check out Zen Intranet, the first in our Zen Lightning series. Zen Intranet creates an instant demo site you can evaluate, customize, or use as a starter site and add your own content. (Requires Zen 5.2.7)

Bart Gottschalk March 13, 2013

How do you add a new space in a Zen Intranet site? The button to "Add Space" seems to have disappeared after installing Zen Intranet. This is really confusing and frustrating. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

Use the toolbar's (under the gear menu) Dashboard link, and click the "Add Space" link above the global spaces list.

Cheers,
Darryl

Raj Karan January 6, 2014

Does Zen Intranet gives responsive behaviour or I am missing some thing

Thanks

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

If you're talking about mobile responsive, unfortunately Zen isn't doing that yet. Our new Theme Press product has full mobile responsive capability planned for release 1.1.

Raj Karan January 7, 2014

So is there any way Solution for this or I have to wait for the release of this theme.

I found a RefinedWiki mobile macro but I guess it's not working with Zen.

I need to make it responsive so please suggest some solutions.

Thanks

0 votes
Kathy March 14, 2013

Just wanted to add a couple of points:

The Intranet "Welcome" page is an example of a "landing" page -- we prefer them to the Dashboard, since they allow better leeway in structuring content for specific audiences (like mini- or topic-specific Dashboards). But the Confluence Dashboard is still there, and you can get to it via the gear menu in the Zen toolbar (by default, the Dashboard menu link is visible to Admins only, but you can make it visible to all users).

Once you've added a space via the Confluence Dashboard, you can "wire" it into the Intranet demo by editing one of the menus (there's a globally shared menu that you see on the Welcome page, and the "HR Hub" has its own menu, as an example of a department-level menu).

Instructions for editing a menu are here:

http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Menu

And here are a few tips for customizing the look and layout of the Zen Intranet menu specifically:

http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/zenlightning/Zen+Intranet+Documentation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events