Is there a Log Work / Tempo Time Entry Widget

Doug Kozar February 8, 2018

Is there any sort of widget I can add to my JIRA Dashboard to enable quick entry of timesheet records without having to go into each Project & Issue?

Amendment:

Since we cannot delete questions, I posted this on the Confluence community board and generated some interest and conversation over there --> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-Log-Work-Tempo-Time-Entry-Widget/qaq-p/724191

1 answer

0 votes
Deborah Genevro March 22, 2018

Yes.  There are a number of Tempo gadgets you can add to a dashboard.  I created "My Time Tracking Dashboard" to share with all of my users.  It includes Tempo User Timesheet, Tempo Trackers, and Issues Assigned to Me.  Go to Gadgets and Load All Gadgets and search for Tempo.  

That being said, I am not a big fan of the User Timesheet gadget.  If you are like me, you have too many tasks and not enough time. The gadget only shows a small portion of the timesheet and, although it allows you to maximize it, I always seem to have issues viewing my complete timesheet.

I prefer to go to Tempo "My Work" link to log time.  You can bookmark this for faster access.

Again, that doesn't always give me the best view and access to log my time.  So, I did two things: 

1. I created a Time Tracking project for all users to enter miscellaneous time not attributable to a specific issue or project.  
  2. Then, I created a ticket named "Deborah's Time".  I added links to all my frequently used tickets like systems admin, scrum meetings, training, etc.  Then, I bookmarked that issue.  Anytime I need to log miscellaneous time, I simply click the saved link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events