Is it possible to use sheets crearted by Excel2Jira offline and update at later time?

Norbert Bittner May 13, 2013

We want to exchange issue lists with customers. For this it would be useful that the customer can work with the issue lists offline, send it back to us and we could update our repository accordingly!

Norbert

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Łukasz Sadowski May 13, 2013

Hello Norbert,

There are possibility to do that, but you must follow the instructions below:

• After generating a sheet, you need to log in to JIRA from Excel, refresh these sheet and then save it.
  • All changes made by client, must match the format of the data in sheet (correct field values, values ​​for multi-select fields must be separated by commas, etc.). If the client does not have installed Excel Connector and access to JIRA, there will be no validatation for data entered by client.
  • Before logging to JIRA from Excel, mark issues which will be updated (by changing the background color of the rows corresponding to these issues).
  • At the end, when you logging to JIRA from Excel you should deselect "Refresh sheet after logon" option and send changes to JIRA.

If all fields are filled with the correct values​​, there should be no problem with sending changes to JIRA.

Norbert Bittner May 30, 2013

Hallo Lukasz,

the approach sounded nice, but it is not working this way.

I can not change the background color of the corresponding lines since all according options are disabled when I open the worksheet.

Norbert

0 votes
Lukasz Sadowski June 9, 2013

Hello Norbert,

Did you try to enable sheet before changing color.

Please, try "Unprotect Sheet" button on "Review" tab.

0 votes
Norbert Bittner May 19, 2013
We currently evaluating this approach. I will let you know the result Thanks Norbert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events